Just hearing the term ‘audit’ is enough to send shivers through a company. Relax! A Google AdWords audit isn’t out to bust you. In fact, you may be whooping for joy when you see how much more efficiently you can run your pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns. A comprehensive AdWords audit, like the one offered by Frontier Marketing, will find waste and help you discover ways to grow your business.
What You’ll Learn from an AdWords Audit
Adwords is an undeniably powerful tool. By some estimates, businesses make $3, on every $1.60 they spend on AdWords. Of course, an ineffective ad campaign won’t see these kinds of results, whether or not you use AdWords. That’s where an audit comes in—it helps you ferret out problem areas, so you can revise your strategy accordingly. Here are just a few of the common problems an audit can catch:
- Wrong audience– Many times, a campaign has the right message, keywords and landing pages…they’re just not targeting the right prospects. Geography, time of day, gender, age, and interests can all be combined to form the “perfect” audience for your products and services. Are you targeting the right audience?
- Poor keywords – An audit will identify these words in your web copy, blog copy, etc., so you can focus on profitable keyword choices that bring quality traffic to your site and steer away from fluff that doesn’t do a thing for your business.
- Ineffective landing pages – If your landing page doesn’t make a good first impression and isn’t relevant to the PPC ad your visitor clicked, they’ll be out of there in no time flat.
- Errors in your copy – If your ads are riddled with grammatical errors, no one will be impressed.
- Expired coupons and promotions – Bring visitors to your site because of a promotion only for them to discover it’s expired? They’ll be lost to you.
- Suspicious activity – While Google goes to great lengths to stamp out activity like click fraud and invalid traffic, a lot still slips by. An audit can catch it. You’re paying for each click; make sure it’s legit.
These problem areas could go unnoticed if no one’s watching your account. You can’t just set and forget an AdWords campaign. It needs constant attention and nurturing.
Get the Most from Your AdWords Campaign
Of course, finding the problematic parts of your ads is just the beginning. What you do with that information makes all the difference. What are some benefits of tweaking your ads based on an audit:
- Money – You’ll save it. Why continue to pour funds into an ineffective ad strategy? An audit shows you what’s working, so you can better target your spending.
- Conversions – You’ll increase them.
- Quality score – You’ll improve it. Google is picky, and getting a high quality score doesn’t come easy, but if you boost yours, your ad appears higher than a rival bidder, even if they spent more money.
- Copy – It will improve. Unprofessional errors and weak writing will be a thing of the past.
Achieve Your Objectives with Frontier Marketing
Are you tired of shelling out money for a fancy PPC campaign, but not getting the results you want? Are you frustrated by having AdWords and not being sure you’re using it to its full potential? You’re due for an AdWords audit. At Frontier Marketing, we take the time to learn about your company and your unique business goals before we make moves. Our AdWords audits give you a clear picture of your AdWords strategy and how it plays into your larger company objectives. Based on those audit results, we identify issues and make suggestions for how to fix them. We can even implement those fixes, if that’s a service you’d like to take advantage of. Contact us today, so we can get started on a full AdWords audit. We’ll help you cut the bloat and streamline your ad campaigns. In the end, you’ll get the results you deserve.