GET a FREE assessment of your PPC campaign! Call 888-615-0155 or send us an email

You know the ones. They visit your website, check out a few items—maybe even stick something in their virtual shopping cart—and then poof! they’re gone. Is that it? Have you lost the sale forever?

Not if you’re remarketing.

Only 2% of shoppers browsing online actually make a purchase. That leaves 98% as potential leads. The trick is getting the customers who poof! to come back and pull the trigger on buying your goods.

What is remarketing?

You’ve been the subject of remarketing. You spent your lunch break browsing the Web for a new sofa, and now every site you visit seems to have a well-placed ad for that sofa you were considering. You can’t get it out of your mind.

Remarketing is a way to re-engage people who’ve already visited your website. Since they’ve already shown some interest in what you have to offer, remarketing gives them a gentle reminder of what they left behind.

There are two types of remarketing ads:

  1. Pixel-based ads – These reach anonymous website visitors using cookies.
  2. List-based ads – These use contacts from a database.

To retarget potential customers, you can do a few simple things:

  • Use online ads
  • Follow up by email
  • Send them snail mail to a physical address

When you remarket right, your goods and services are front and center. Your potential customers see your product when they use social media, watch videos online, search Google, and visit other websites.

Remarketing does require a certain finesse. You don’t want to come off as creepy or overbearing. Instead, you want to subtly remind customers about your offerings and pique their interest enough that they return to your site. The balance is fine, so it needs to be done right.

The benefits are almost endless.

When you realize the benefits of remarketing,  you’ll be kicking yourself for not using this tactic sooner.  An effective remarketing strategy will:

  • Promote branding – The more often people see your brand, the more they’ll be familiar with it. Visitors may have stumbled across your website and liked what they saw, but may quickly forget you once they leave. If the same logo, tagline, and style keep popping up, customers will be more likely to remember you.
  • Increase conversion rates – This is what it’s all about. Research has shown that a website visitor you retarget with a display ad is 70% more likely to convert.
  • Help you see better engagement – If someone returns to your site after clicking on a remarketing ad, you know they want to be there. They’ll be more inclined to spend time perusing your site, checking out your content, filling their cart, and checking out.
  • Save you time and energy – You won’t waste time trying to sell your products and services to people who couldn’t care less about them. Instead, you’ll target people likely to buy.
  • Save money – These highly efficient ads are more cost-effective than other marketing tactics. By purchasing targeted, individual ad impressions, you reduce the cost per impression. 
  • Give you the coveted second chance to convert – You get another opportunity to reach the people you reached once before, which is efficient marketing. These people have seen your brand once before, and your ads will remind them and encourage them to come back and have another look.
  • Target precisely – Use customers’ interests to target them. For example, it makes sense to show off your new social media app to Facebook users; you already know they’re interested in social media!

Take advantage of Frontier Marketing’s experience.

At Frontier Marketing, we know that simply getting a potential customer to your website is not the end goal. We want to help you increase your conversion rates, see better engagement, and promote your brand—all while saving time and money.

We’ll put in the effort to understand the needs of your business and customize an effective remarketing strategy, so you’ll see results. And you get to take advantage of our experience and proven results.

Are you ready to convert those window shoppers to paying customers? Contact us, so we can get started on your remakreting campaign today.