Sure, coming up with novel marketing strategies that help our clients’ companies blossom is invigorating, but there is so much more to life than just business. And one of the most impactful ways to make a difference is within our own community. At Frontier Marketing, we recognize the importance of being connected to our neighbors, and we pride ourselves on making a positive impact. Our involvement with the wonderful organization Our Daily Bread gives us the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our homeless and at-risk neighbors in Denton and the surrounding areas.
Two Life-Changing Organizations Form One Epic Team
The Our Daily Bread we know and love today is actually a coalition that formed in 2020 when two life-changing organizations realized they could do even more together.
- Our Daily Bread began in 2000 as a collaboration of churches feeding the hungry.
- Monsignor King Outreach Center started nine years later when the cold winter of 2009 put the homeless of Denton at risk.
Over time, both organizations did more than simply feed and shelter, like providing hygiene services and medical screenings, as well as helping guests find transportation, food stamps, social security, and more.
Now Our Daily Bread together with Monsignor King Outreach Center provides a vital range of services to hundreds of homeless and at-risk people every day.
“Our Daily Bread feeds, shelters, and cares for the homeless and at-risk in our community while maintaining the dignity of our guests and offering opportunities for a new start.”
Why Does Our Daily Bread Matter to Frontier Marketing?
Our CEO has deep roots in Texas, and we have our headquarters in nearby Flower Mound. With strong connections to this area, we see the need every day. Times are hard for many people, and the gift of a nourishing meal or a cool place to rest on a hot day could be exactly what someone needs to feel whole again—to feel valued. And Our Daily Bread doesn’t stop there. They provide practical resources to help people get back on their feet. A helping hand and the opportunity for a fresh start—that’s the kind of neighbor we want to be.
We are proud to support an organization that supports so many.
Our Daily Bread’s Programs
Guests who come to the shelter receive a nourishing dinner and breakfast, a bed to sleep in, clothes, showers, and other supportive services.
300 S Woodrow Lane
Open 7 days a week
Our Daily Bread serves:
- Breakfast and lunch six days a week at their Main Site inside St. Andrew Presbyterian Church
- Dinner at their shelter seven nights a week
- Meals every day for guests in their transitional housing program
St. Andrew Presybterian Church
300 West Oak Street
Wellness & Supportive Services
- Clothing and household items
- Hygiene and first-aid supplies
- Prescription assistance
- Counseling and wellness screenings
- Case management
- Monthly haircuts
- Mail service
Income & Employment Support
- ID documentation procurement
- Transportation assistance
- Housing and rental assistance
- Financial literacy classes and coaching
- Ready for Work Training Program
- Benefits education and enrollment
- Education and enrichment classes
- 800+ meals served every single day
- 2,000 volunteers – Learn how you can volunteer here.
- 30,000 volunteer hours every year